What is meant by research? In general, the notion of research is a process of inquiry that is carried out actively, diligently, and systematically, where the aim is to discover, interpret, and revise facts.
Another opinion says that the definition of research is a systematic investigation process by studying various materials and sources to build facts and reach new conclusions.
The purpose of the research is to find or obtain data for specific purposes. Therefore, research must be done scientifically based on scientific characteristics, namely:
- Rational; the point is that research must be done in ways that are reasonable or rational so that it can be reached by human reason.
- Empirical; the point is that research must be based on sources of knowledge obtained from observations of the human senses. That way, the method can also be observed by others.
- Systematic; the point is that research must be carried out through certain steps that are logical and orderly in accordance with a system that has been arranged so that it can explain the sequence of causation of an object of research.
Understanding of Research According to Experts
According to Donald Ary, the notion of research is the application of a scientific approach to an assessment of problems in obtaining useful information and results that can be accounted for. According to Tyrus Hillway, the notion of research is a method of study that is in-depth and careful of all forms of facts that can be trusted on a particular problem in order to make the solution to the problem.
The Characteristics of Research
Research activities must have certain characteristics. The characteristics of the study are as follows:
- Scientific in nature, the intention is that research is carried out in accordance with procedures and uses convincing evidence in the form of facts obtained objectively.
- The process is continuous, the results of a study can always be improved from time to time through a process that runs continuously.
- Contributing, the intention is that there must be an element of contribution or added value to the existing knowledge.
- Analytically, a study conducted must be proven and described using scientific methods and there is a causal relationship between the variables.
Basically, the purpose of the research is to find the knowledge that can be utilized for humans and the environment. According to some experts, there are three practical research objectives, namely:
1. Explorative Purpose
In this case, research with an explorative purpose is to discover new knowledge that has never existed before. For example, research on the benefits of cinnamon extract for the problem of diabetes in the human body.
2. Verification Objectives
Research with the purpose of verification is to prove or re-test the truth of science that has existed before. For example, proving the benefits of starfruit extract as an anti-bacterial.
3. Development Objectives
Research with the aim of development is to dig deeper or develop a study or existing knowledge. For example, research on the benefits of mangosteen peel extracts for pre-existing diabetes problems.
The research was carried out again to develop it, for example examining how effective mangosteen peel extract was at dealing with diabetes in certain age groups.
Consultancy or consultation can be interpreted as the process of providing assistance to someone by experts and meeting qualification standards in certain areas to find out about themselves, develop their potential, solve problems, make decisions, adjust themselves, advice for research, and others.
According to Dougherty, the consultation process will involve three parties, namely the counselor, counselee, and counselee or third party. The three parties are a component of the consulting service that is a condition for conducting service activities.
Definition of Consultation According to Experts. Some experts express their opinions on what is meant by consultancy as follows:
- According to Marsudi, consultancy or consultation is the process of providing assistance in an effort to address client issues indirectly.
- Watson, consultation is a service technique for developing cooperative relationships between counselors and clients.
- Zins, consultation is a process that is usually based on the characteristics of the same relationship that is characterized by mutual trust and open communication, working together in identifying problems, bringing together personal resources to recognize and choose strategies that have the possibility of solving the identified problems, and sharing responsibility for implementing and evaluating planned programs or strategies.
Whereas the Audit Commission defines consultation as a dialogue process that leads to a decision. The definition implies three aspects in consultation, they are:
- Consultation is a dialogue, in which there are various activities and exchanging information in order to ensure that the consulted party knows more about a theme. Therefore consultation is educative and inclusive.
- This consultation is a process. Consultation is an interactive and ongoing process.
- Consultation is about action and results. It must ensure that the views consulted lead to a decision. Therefore consultation is about action and results-oriented.
The consultation process includes:
- Provision, that is, consultants provide direct services to consultants who do not have the time or skills to solve the problem. Consultants provide solutions, and consultants are free to determine how to solve the problem.
- Prescription, it means that the consultant gives advice and does not participate in helping the process of solving the problem being faced by the consultant.
- Mediation, it means that the consultant has the role of mediator in solving problems faced by the consultant.
- Collaboration, meaning that the consultant together with the consultant resolves the problem at hand.
While the Curpius mentioned that there were nine stages in the implementation of the consultation process, which included:
Pre Entry (before entering)
The consultant explains the values of needs, assumptions, and goals about individuals, groups, organizations and assesses the capabilities and skills of the consultant himself.
A statement of the problem is expressed, linked, formulated, and sets out the steps that need to be followed.
To explain the problem by listening, observing, giving statements, standard recording, interviews, and group meetings.
Information assessment is used in determining goals for change.
Determining Problem Solution
Information is analyzed and synthesized to find the most effective solution to the problem faced by the consultant.
The results achieved are measured in a certain period, certain conditions, and describe the solution of the problem and are supported by other factors to achieve the goals set.
Implementing the Plan
Interventions are implemented by following the guidelines/steps, by telling all the parts that must be done, when, how, who is responsible, and the expected results.
Ongoing activities are monitored, processes and results are needed to evaluate the consultant’s activities.
Direct contact with the consultant stopped, but the influence of the process is expected to continue. Decisions are made to postpone the act, redesign, and implement it again, and end it perfectly.
After finishing taking all courses, now is the time for you to do the final project called a thesis. A thesis is the last task that you have to finish and it requires deep research. Yep, after completing your theoretical obligations, now is the time to test your ability to understand various materials through a study. As a student, you are also required to conduct research as a graduation requirement.
Many students claimed that this moment was the most difficult moment during their status as a student. There are also many who claim to fail to carry out a bachelor’s degree because they are unable to complete the thesis. But, actually, the thesis isn’t that difficult, at least not as hard as simulation from idnplay poker game. As long as you know the tips and tricks, the thesis can be finished as soon as possible. Then how do you do it?
- Create your own deadline with a warning that makes you feel disadvantaged if you delay working on your thesis.
- Try to choose a research theme that you really like and understand. Don’t choose a too high standard theme that only makes your thesis run successfully.
- Even though it is just an assumption, choose a lecturer who has a different gender from you because it can build good chemistry rather than choosing the same gender.
- Do the thesis in a conducive place. Choose a place that really makes you comfortable and can be highly concentrated.
- Treat supervisors like a crush. Find out what he likes, so that your script process is made easier. Bring some foods when you get a consultancy with your supervisor or give him or her a gift to make him or her happy.
- If your lecturer writes a book, don’t forget to use the book as a reference. If it does not match the theme of your research, just bring it to your supervisor or lecturer so that he or she knows that you read it.
- Always come to a graduation ceremony of your graduated friends so you will be quickly motivated. Or you can even come to your friends’ wedding party so you will be more enthusiastic to finish your studies.
- Reduce the hangout schedule, gig, or whatever it is so that you focus on your research only. Keep in mind that you have a big duty to finish the study and get a job.
- Make sure you are in a student environment that wants to graduate immediately. Stay away from friends who are lazy to do the task or research because it may affect you too.
- Don’t forget to ask your parents for prayer. Even though they are far from you, their prayers are still there. God will grant your wish through your parents’ praying anyway.
- Finally, you must also pray for god so that you will find the right path to finish the study. Always remember that the thesis can be finished because of your only effort, but also grace from the God Almighty.
It takes 495 years, this is the longest research in history, will be completed in 2514. Speaking of research, you may think that research can be done within a few months or it may take only one or two years. It can be true, but it is not always true. The fact shows that there were so many studies that required a long time to finish. The current research is about microbiology. How can this research take so long to complete?
Well, there is no specific time limit in a study or experiment. But a microbiological experiment is likely to break the record for the longest time, which is 500 years. This project began in 2014 and will be completed in the year 2514. So, it still needs 495 years to know the final results of the study.
Surely the audience from http://18.104.22.168 will wonder, why this research lasts so long. According to the research team, the real reason is quite simple: find out how long microbes can survive. This research is a project of the University of Edinburg. The project placed 400 bottles of Bacillus subtilis bacteria in dry conditions to form spores.
The bottle is then tightly closed and covered with lead to protect it from carbon radiation or cosmic rays that can cause DNA damage. “Whether microbes will last long or if some will die first. This will be the longest scientific experiment ever made,” said Ralf Möller, study leader of the German Aerospace Center.
In the experiment, every two years (for the first 24 years), a set of bottles will be opened to see how the spores work. After the first 24 years, periodic checks will be reduced to once every 25 years until 2514.
In 2016, 1 set of bottles has been opened and the results have been published on PLOS ONE. Storage in a span of two years makes no difference, nor is the sample affected by X-ray exposure, ultraviolet light, hydrogen peroxide, and high temperatures.
Checking the bacteria is easy. However, the hard part is making sure someone will continue to do it according to schedule well in the future. The team left the USB stick with instructions. But this is certainly still far from adequate, considering that digital technology is quickly becoming obsolete.
Not only that, but the research team also tried to leave a copy on paper. But, of course, this has become homework because the paper may not be able to survive for 500 years. The paper will turn yellow and crumble. There is no strategy that will be completely safe 500 years later. So the team asked researchers at each time point of 25 years to copy the instructions to remain linguistically and technologically relevant.
That’s is such an incredible long research ever. Hopefully, this research can be useful for human being in the future. But, we have no idea whether this research will still go on in a few decades to go. We cannot even wait for it because we may already die in the future.
In general, qualitative research is a method that emphasizes aspects of a deeper understanding of a problem rather than looking at a problem. Qualitative research is a study that is descriptive in nature, tends to use analysis and more reveals the process of its meaning.
Difference between Qualitative and Quantitative Research
The difference between qualitative and quantitative research can be seen in several aspects. You need to know that the two research methods or approaches are not always in conflict with each other. There are also some things that have similarities or similarities.
1. Research Design
- Qualitative is general, flexible, and dynamic. Qualitative research can develop during the research process.
- Quantitative has special, detailed, and static properties. The flow of quantitative research itself has been planned from the beginning and cannot be changed anymore.
2. Data Analysis
- Qualitative can be analyzed throughout the research process.
- Quantitative can be analyzed at the final stage before the report.
3. Research Subject Terms
- Qualitative has research subject commonly referred to as a resource.
- Quantitative research subjects are commonly referred to as respondents.
4. Ways to Look at Facts
- Qualitative: Qualitative research views “Facts / Truth” depending on the way the researcher interprets the data. This is because there are complex things that cannot be merely explained by numbers, such as human feelings, bola 88 etc. Quantitative research departs from data which is then explained by theories that are considered relevant, to produce a theory that reinforces existing theories.
- Quantitative: Quantitative research sees “Facts / Truth” as objects of research out there. Researchers must be neutral and impartial. Whatever is found in the field, that’s a fact. Quantitative research departs from theory to data.
5. Data Collection
- Qualitative: Qualitative research is more focused on something that cannot be measured by black and white truth so that in qualitative research researchers dig deep into the data for certain things. Thus, the quality of qualitative research is not very much determined by the number of sources involved, but rather how deep researchers explore specific information from selected sources.
- Quantitative: Data collection is carried out using a series of research instruments in the form of tests/questionnaires. The collected data is then converted using predefined categories/criteria. The quality of quantitative research is determined by the number of research respondents involved.
6. Data Representation
- Qualitative: The results of qualitative research in the form of researchers’ interpretation of a phenomenon, so that research reports will contain more descriptions.
- Quantitative: Quantitative research results are presented in the form of mathematical calculation results. The calculation results are considered as confirmed facts. The validity of quantitative research is largely determined by the validity and reliability of the instruments used.
7. Implications of Research Results
- Qualitative: The results of qualitative research have limited implications for certain situations. Thus, qualitative research results cannot be generalized in different settings.
- Quantitative: The results of quantitative research in the form of facts/theories that generally apply (generalized). Whenever and wherever that fact applies.
8. Types of Methods
- Qualitative: Phenomenology, ethnography, case studies, historical, grounded theory.
- Quantitative: Experiments, surveys, correlations, regression, path analysis, export facto.
As a final project, you are guided to conduct research better known as a thesis. A thesis is the most difficult task to do when we are in college. In completing the thesis, we must also consult with the supervisor so that the thesis runs smoothly. The supervisor is a consultant or advisor and we need it. However, it is not easy to deal with supervisors because as many of them are indifferent to their students. Fortunately, you can try the following tips to deal with your supervisor.
- Instill in your mind from the beginning that your supervisor is not a “monster” that you should be afraid of. They are also humans like you who eat food like you. They are also God’s creatures that live on earth with you. Therefore, don’t be afraid of your lecturer. Always dare to meet him, whether with good news or bad news about your research.
- Keep in mind that it’s natural for students to be scolded by their lecturers. Like our parents, they scold us because they love us and want to give the best to us. Likewise, your supervisor, they also love their students and hope that their students finish their thesis immediately. So if the lecturer scolds you, you don’t need to be upset or angry anyway, maybe it’s your fault and you have to be big-hearted if you get scolded by your thesis advisor.
- Keep = in mind that the supervisor is the person who provides the solution to all obstacles in your research. Remember, you pay tuition fees every semester and part of the funds is to pay your lecturers while guiding the thesis. So, you have the RIGHT to ask for advice or solutions to the problems experienced.
- Understand the characteristics of your supervisor, one of which is to know the busyness of your supervisor. Make a note of the days your lecturer is always on campus. Even more perfect if you have your lecturer mobile number. For other characteristics about your lecturer, you can also ask your friend who is also mentored by the same lecturer.
- Because the thesis guidance is continuous, try to always meet with your lecturer to consult about the development of your thesis at least once a week. This is done so that your lecturer does not forget that you are a mentored student or you will not be recognized by the lecturer because you have never shown up.
- Be polite with your supervisor. Because your politeness will give a positive impression to your lecturer. Besides, your lecturer will easily memorize you. You have to show your politeness when communicating through situs judi poker, SMS, Phone, Email, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc.
- Do not let you break a promise if you already have an agreement to meet your lecturer at a certain place and time. If that happens, maybe your lecturer hesitates to guide you again unless you have an urgent situation.
- During a consultation, don’t be shy and hesitate to convey obstacles in your research. Ask for guidance from your supervisor.
- Before finishing your consultation, don’t forget to ask your lecturer when you can meet with him for another consultancy.
- your lecturer when you meet on the street or cross paths. Don’t be shy or even hide. The closer you are, the better the harmony your relationship will be.
Choosing a good and correct title of the thesis really needs a proper analysis. So that the title/topic of your research or thesis can match the expectations. Just because you face some problems or obstacles when preparing a thesis. It does not mean that it makes you become discouraged in preparing your thesis. If you are confused to determine the title of your thesis, maybe you can consider the following tips.
1. Find the problem and specify the title
Some students in preparing their thesis first choose the title of the thesis. Which they think is good then conduct analysis/field observations. But it is actually not quite right because the thing that should be done first is to find a problem topic. A research topic that can be raised as a topic/theme/thesis title.
Determining a thesis topic that assumes a problem will make you free to develop ideas, methods, and solutions in the preparation of your thesis. It is different if you first determine the title of the thesis and then look for problems in the field. It may be that the chosen title does not have contextual facts in the field. So that, it may be that the problem discussed later in your thesis is a fabricated / manipulated.
2. Choose a title or the research topic that you can complete on time
It may be your own pride to have a great, so you choose the title which is actually very complicated and difficult to solve. Well, it can have an effect on the length of the completion time. Therefore, consider the time allocation in choosing the title of the thesis. In this case, you can choose the title that you can complete. Because you do not want to choose a difficult title by combining several variables. So that in the middle of the thesis preparation process, you choose to give up and want to change the thesis title. Therefore you are required to be wise in choosing a title for your research.
3. Relevant to your discipline
When choosing the title/topic/theme of research such as dadu online http://22.214.171.124, it should be adjusted to the discipline of your knowledge. So that you can become more expert in compiling it. A thesis that is arranged in accordance with your discipline of knowledge makes you able to get ideas or solutions in the process of preparing your thesis.
4. Consider the allocation of funds that you have
In choosing a thesis title, don’t forget to consider the cost aspects because as we all know. That in compiling a thesis it usually requires a lot of money, starting from the cost of research,print, binding, and thesis examination. Therefore, the author suggests selecting a description of the title in which type of research does not require too much funding.
5. Expand down the field
The initial observation is a very important thing to do before selecting and determining the title of the thesis. Because factual observation makes you rich in information that can be used as a reference in making a good thesis title. The more often you do direct observations to the field then the ideas that you may get more information about the research.
Scientists are people whose profession deserves a thumbs up and we give more appreciation. They are the persons who do research, so we know the good and bad aspects that are important to life.
If there are no scientists, we will not be able to enjoy a variety of things ranging from gadgets for judi online http://126.96.36.199 that make it easier for us. Various conveniences such as traffic jams and weather forecasts from the application, to the nutritional content in our favorite foods.
But it is not always researched that we can consider important. Because scientists’ interests are always different, and those interests may not be as attractive to us. The following researches or studies are considered less important for us.
Research that examines the possibility of monkeys can write
Perhaps this is the less important research on the first list because the initial intention was wrong and completely invalid. This began with the theory of possibility that “a large group of monkeys. If given a lot of typewriters and a lot of time, they might be able to make works like Shakespeare.” this theory is called the Infinite Monkey Theorem. The problem is, it’s only a figure of speech.
This metaphor turned out to be taken literally by a group of scientists in England. And finally ended up doing research that gave 6 monkeys 6 typewriters, as reported by The Guardian page The results were quite clear, one typewriter was covered with their own faeces. One typewriter was damaged because the monkey leader immediately took a large stone to destroy it. In addition, they succeeded in making 5 pieces of writing, all of which are letters “S”.
Research that concluded that residents of San Francisco like to have sexual relations
Aiming to help those who are dissatisfied with their sexual lives. Researchers in the US was sponsored by a condom company to conduct a Sex Census. From this study, it was found that residents of San Francisco, California, are those who have the most sexual partners than any other city. On average, San Francisco people have been with 30 partners to have sex. Of course, this is information that we cannot directly apply in life. It is not appropriate research if it really wants to help those who are dissatisfied with their sexual lives.
Chickens prefer to more handsome humans
This study might help you if you want to interact with chickens. Chickens prefer to good-looking people. A group of scientists struggled to train chickens to react to human faces in order to know that chickens have a preference for the level of good looking face. In research uploaded to the CogPrints scientific journal collection website.
It is said that hens are trained to react to men’s faces, and roosters are trained to react to women’s faces. The pictures of the faces of the men and women are installed on the touch screen, and the chicken’s reaction is measured by how much the chicken pecks on the screen. The more handsome the face shows up, the more intense the chicken pecking the screen.
Shaken rope will be knotted by itself
This research proves that a rope would form a knot when we put it in a box and shook the box. In fact, it also explains why this happened, with complete graphs, diagrams, and pictures. There are even pros and cons of what is the right size for the box. The main problem is not a matter of interest in studying the knot, but apparently, there is no specific reason that requires researchers to do this.
Every year, the scientific world is always filled with spectacular research and discoveries. An annual event was known as the “Oscars of science” that was held in America in 2017. Awarded many international studies with various awards. Check these following best scientific research that was done in 2017.
1. Molecular mechanisms of planets that produce information through light and shadow
This research was conducted by Joanne Chory from the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. This discovery attracted the attention of experts all over the world because of its unique discussion at http://188.8.131.52.
2. Sophisticated mechanisms that mediate the duplication of harmful chromosome separations during cell division to prevent genetic diseases such as cancer
Many studies have been done in an effort to find a solution for cancer, but this research is considered the most recent. This research was conducted by Kazutoshi Mori from Kyoto University in Japan.
3. Detailed map of the universe formed in the early cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation approach
The research was conducted by 27 scientists on the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) team. This amazing research can tell us the process of evolution of the universe.
4. Birational algebraic geometry
This research was conducted by two mathematicians. They are Christopher Hacon from the University of Utah and James McKernan from the University of California. This research is considered to be able to break the exact world of Mathematics.
5. The law of general relativity which is very easily understood through video
This research was conducted by an 18-year-old student named Hillary Diane Andales from the Philippines. He won the junior competition category by making his own video.
6. Perennial electrical energy from the Ambarella fruit tree
This shocking super innovation was discovered by an 11-year-old student from Indonesia, named Naufal Raziq. He discovered that the Ambarella fruit tree could be a source of eternal electrical energy as long as the tree was still alive. His research was recognized in Germany, Turkey and Brunei Darussalam. Even Naufal was immediately offered a school at one of the universities in Germany after graduating from high school
7. Safe sidewalk technology with an electromagnetic pulse (EMP)
EMP is a short burst of electromagnetic radiation. Utilizing this electronic “malfunction”, any motorbikes that run on the sidewalk will immediately stop working, so the sidewalk will be safe for pedestrians. The inventor of this technology was Ayubella Anggraini Leksono, a student of Senior High School 3 Bandung and Hanif Ahmadzakir from Senior High School 23 Bandung. They received the highest award on the eve of the National Young Inventors Award held by the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI).
8. Hoax Analyzer or hoax detection application in cyberspace
This discovery was the result of innovation from the Cimol Team, which consisted of 3 students from Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB). Their team won the 2017 Imagine Cup winners in the Southeast Asia region. They also managed to set aside 9 other participants in competitions held by Microsoft.
Thesis consultation is an important part of the thesis writing process, which is very helpful for students in solving obstacles encountered during the thesis process. Usually, students consult their theses with supervisors or lecturers who are experts in the field of study or the material discussed in the thesis. This consultation starts from the determination of the thesis topic until it is finished. Students are ready for the thesis examination or thesis trial.
In addition to the supervisor and other lecturers concerned, thesis consultation can also be carried out with thesis consultant services. Now there are a lot of thesis consultant services that provide attractive offers regarding thesis work. Actually, the existence of these thesis consultants is very useful for students who have difficulty in arranging consultations with their supervisors. For those who need additional time to consult. This is because often the supervising lecturer only has a very limited time for thesis consultation so that the results of the consultation are less than optimal.
Consultancy for research
When you consult with a supervisor, your lecturer has actually started giving an assessment of your thesis. Assessment of the thesis generally revolves around ideas, the process of preparation. The content and quality of the writing. And also how to present ideas and writing both in the seminar and the final examination of the thesis.
The stages in the thesis consultation that you must prepare before facing your supervisor include:
- You must have determined the title of your thesis in accordance with the idea that you will make the topic of poker online discussion in your thesis. Here you must have a picture of the overall idea of the thesis. You are going to make so that you will easily convey your idea to the supervisor.
- It is highly recommended for students who will do a consultation to read a lot of references relating to the thesis to be made. This aims to build the arguments that underlie you in determining the title and discussion material for your thesis. In addition, the references you read will also affect the process of writing your thesis. Such as determining the theoretical framework, analysis, and discussion.
- It is very important before you consult to prepare a list of questions that you will ask your supervisor. In addition to saving time, this will also greatly help you solve the difficulties that you encounter in working on your thesis.
Thus, your thesis consultation will run smoothly and it is likely that your thesis will also be completed quickly. You must be really serious during the thesis process and don’t give up easily. Even though there are many challenges you have to face.
Anyway, research and consultancy are two things that cannot be separated from one another. Where there is a research, there must be a consultancy. But, consultancy is not only about research because you can also get consultancy for other issues. Consultancy basically means getting advice or idea in order to solve certain problems.