Tips for Dealing with Your Supervisor during Your Thesis
As a final project, you are guided to conduct research better known as a thesis. A thesis is the most difficult task to do when we are in college. In completing the thesis, we must also consult with the supervisor so that the thesis runs smoothly. The supervisor is a consultant or advisor and we need it. However, it is not easy to deal with supervisors because as many of them are indifferent to their students. Fortunately, you can try the following tips to deal with your supervisor.
- Instill in your mind from the beginning that your supervisor is not a “monster” that you should be afraid of. They are also humans like you who eat food like you. They are also God’s creatures that live on earth with you. Therefore, don’t be afraid of your lecturer. Always dare to meet him, whether with good news or bad news about your research.
- Keep in mind that it’s natural for students to be scolded by their lecturers. Like our parents, they scold us because they love us and want to give the best to us. Likewise, your supervisor, they also love their students and hope that their students finish their thesis immediately. So if the lecturer scolds you, you don’t need to be upset or angry anyway, maybe it’s your fault and you have to be big-hearted if you get scolded by your thesis advisor.
- Keep = in mind that the supervisor is the person who provides the solution to all obstacles in your research. Remember, you pay tuition fees every semester and part of the funds is to pay your lecturers while guiding the thesis. So, you have the RIGHT to ask for advice or solutions to the problems experienced.
- Understand the characteristics of your supervisor, one of which is to know the busyness of your supervisor. Make a note of the days your lecturer is always on campus. Even more perfect if you have your lecturer mobile number. For other characteristics about your lecturer, you can also ask your friend who is also mentored by the same lecturer.
- Because the thesis guidance is continuous, try to always meet with your lecturer to consult about the development of your thesis at least once a week. This is done so that your lecturer does not forget that you are a mentored student or you will not be recognized by the lecturer because you have never shown up.
- Be polite with your supervisor. Because your politeness will give a positive impression to your lecturer. Besides, your lecturer will easily memorize you. You have to show your politeness when communicating through situs judi poker, SMS, Phone, Email, BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc.
- Do not let you break a promise if you already have an agreement to meet your lecturer at a certain place and time. If that happens, maybe your lecturer hesitates to guide you again unless you have an urgent situation.
- During a consultation, don’t be shy and hesitate to convey obstacles in your research. Ask for guidance from your supervisor.
- Before finishing your consultation, don’t forget to ask your lecturer when you can meet with him for another consultancy.
- your lecturer when you meet on the street or cross paths. Don’t be shy or even hide. The closer you are, the better the harmony your relationship will be.